It’s no secret; iPhone is a great device to take photos and videos with. The quality is so good plus the devices also come with fantastic features. But what happens when your iPhone storage is full and you want to store the photos or videos on your computer? It could also be that you’re looking to transfer the photos to your computers so you can edit and share them with your friends on social media. Well, if you’re wondering on the best way to transfer photos and videos from your iPhone to your windows 10/8/7, then this article is for you.
Here we go;
- Using MobiMover; one way to transfer your photos and videos from your iPhone to your computer is by using MoibMover Free. This app is designed to be compatible with both PC and MAC; you can easily transfer all your contents from an iOS device. MobiMover makes it super easy to transfer your favourite videos and photos from your Smartphone to a computer that runs on Windows 10/8.1/8/7. Start by downloading MobiMover to your PC, it’s absolutely free. Next, install iTunes on your PC so that it’s able to recognize your iPhone. There are several versions of iTunes, feel free to pick any. Once you’ve installed these two, the process of transferring files is easy. Just connect your iPhone to your Windows PC using a USB cable. The process is really easy and straightforward.
- iTools; another easy way to transfer your photos and files to your PC from an Apple device is by using iTools. This is an extremely modern app that’s fully compatible with the latest iPhones and iOS 12. The app can be used to transfer photos and videos from iPhones to computers running on Windows 10, Windows 8. 1/8, and Windows 7. It’s also compatible with Vista and XP. The best thing about this app is that you can transfer your files from an iPhone to your computer and vice versa, without losing anything or compromising the resolution. You can also edit and customize favourite songs on iTools and make them your ringtone! Again, the app is easy to download and use, it has a user-friendly interface that makes the photos and video transfers a very easy step. You can download iTools here for free, it takes a few minutes to download, install, and start using the app.
- Importing videos and photos using auto play; this is a new feature added by Windows, it’s a simple but effective option for anyone looking to transfer their photos and videos from iPhone to Windows. It’s as simple as connecting your iPhone to your PC, an Autoplay option will pop up; click on the option and you’ll be directed to ‘Import pictures and Videos’. Follow the easy prompts that will pop up, create a folder for your files on the PC. This feature works best with Windows 7, Windows 8. To transfer files from iPhone to Windows 10, you may need to use Photo app. Photo app is launched on your start menu/task bar; you can also download it from Windows Store app in case you don’t have it. Once the app is launched, the importation process is easy and straightforward, just connect your device using a USB cable and follow the prompts.
- iCloud Photo Library; this is another great option especially if you’re looking to import photos and videos from your iPhone to a PC wirelessly. The only thing with iCloud Photo Library is that once you choose to transfer files from your iPhone to PC, all videos and photos are imported, you can’t sync some and leave others out. This could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Ensure that your iPhone and PC are both connected to Wi-Fi. Go to your iPhone, open Settings>iCloud>Photos> iCloud Photo Library (turn it on). Next, download and install iCloud (compatible with windows) on your PC. Sign in using the same Apple ID that you’re using on your Smartphone. You’ll have the option of either downloading photos and videos from your iPhone to PC, or uploading new videos and photos from the PC to your iPhone. This app can be downloaded for free from iCloud.com. Using iCloud, you can also keep your songs updated on Garageband.
- Photos; users of Windows 10 may experience unique hitches when trying to import photos and videos from iPhones to their computers. Luckily, Windows 10 comes with an inbuilt app known as Photos. You simply connect your device to your PC using a USB cable. You’ll need to enter your Passcode in order to unlock the iPhone, Click “Trust” on the device in order to continue. Next, open and run the Photos app; select Import from USB device. The app automatically detects all new photos and videos on the iPhone. You can select the files based on their date, month, or year. After selecting the videos or photos you wish to transfer, simply click “Import select.”
In this day and age of technology, you really shouldn’t struggle to transfer your audio or visual files from one gadget to the other. In regards to transferring photos and videos from your iPhone to a PC that runs on Windows, the 5 options mentioned above will come in handy.
The second option is particularly recommended because iTools offers you a myriad of other benefits like the ability to sync your iPhone to the PC, so that the latter acts as a backup. Besides, you can also edit your favourite songs on iPhone and use them as your ringtone. With over 10 million users worldwide, the app enables you to quickly and easily transfer files from any iOS device to a PC.
Like aforesaid, the app is absolutely free and the entire process of downloading, installing, and running it will take you less than 3 minutes.